So you finally have decided to cash out on your structured settlement; perhaps your bills are stacking up, you need more money and can’t afford to wait for your smaller monthly payments. Maybe you have decided to purchase a more reliable means of transportation for you to get to and from work? Whatever the reason, the simple fact is you need a lump sum of cash ASAP! While there are several direct funding and annuity purchasing companies out there, we can assure you that none of them can compete with the customer service, informative resources, and most importantly, the rates that you will receive by choosing the LumpSum Option.
After a bit of discussion between our head legal counsel and customer service manager, we’ve put together a comprehensive list of what you can expect if you decide to work with LumpSum Funder to sell your future payment stream:
- Once you have decided to sell your structured settlement or annuity payments in exchange for a lump sum of cash, you should get in touch with a reputable purchasing company with a strong track record.
- After you have spoken with the financial specialist that is assigned to your case and you agree on a final quote, you should receive a “disclosure statement,” which contains the exact dollar amount that you will eventually receive–by choosing the LumpSum Option, you can consider that amount written in stone. You will not receive a penny less than your quoted amount.
- Next, you are then required by law to hold the disclosure statement for a small duration of time. The duration of this waiting period varies state by state and can range from 3 – 30 days. After your waiting period has ended, we will then send you the contract which we will then take to Court.
- Finally, we send our attorneys to the county in which you file your contract to obtain Court approval of the transfer. There are two reasons you must receive court approval: 1) to ensure that you are avoiding any potential tax consequences. 2) The Judge in your county must make sure that the transaction is in the ‘best interest’ of the seller.
- After your specific case is approved by the Court in your state, whatever insurance company you have been receiving your payments from will be notified of the legally upheld transaction. You will then be funded with the initial amount quoted on your disclosure statement.
And there you have it! Also, by choosing LumpSum Funder to sell your structured settlement, you are eligible to receive interest-free cash advances throughout the process. We do this in order to help out with your immediate needs while we are hard at work ensuring you a lump sum to cover your future costs!
If you have any questions about selling your structured settlement, please give us a call at (888) 651-7482 and we can elaborate on any point of the process! You can also check out our YouTube page to meet some members of our team!